Crunch crunch! You have a special place in my heart along with other sinful gluten made chocolate candies. Unfortunately,us with gluten allergies and gluten intolerance do not stand a chance in consuming it.
I remember as a kid,I was a little bit skeptical of eating a chocolate bar with rice puffs. There was no way of eating chocolate with or without almonds,hazelnuts or infused with chocolate,like jaffa cakes. *Sigh* That’s until I finally give Nestle Crunch a try and it won me over! I love dark chocolate,though or semi-sweet,I’m not fond of milk chocolate so much. Not every kid is as eclectic as me,I suppose. Eclectic or picky even!
Few days ago,I tried to recreate it and it was way much easier than I thought. Just two ingredients are enough: good quality chocolate and gluten free rice cereals. I purchased chocolate bar molds to resemble the famous chocolate bar but you can make it in a baking sheet covered with wax paper.
COPYCAT CRUNCH CHOCOLATE BAR
Yields:3 chocolate bars Cooking time: 5 minutes Difficulty: easy
- 2 cups good quality dark(or milk) baking chocolate (gluten free)
- 3/4 cup rice cereals ,gluten free
- Melt the baking chocolate in a double boiler or microwave until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Fold in rice cereals and gently stir until well incorporated.
- Pour the chocolate and cereal mixture into a gallon-size ziptop bag. Twist the top closed and snip 1-inch (2.5 cm) from a corner. Pipe chocolate to fill each cavity of the chocolate bar mold. Slam the mold onto the counter, protected by a towel, to flatten the chocolate.
- If you don’t have chocolate mold, you may also spread the mixture on a baking tray lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate the chocolate until well set, 1 hour.
- Pop the chocolate from the mold or break the chocolate into pieces.