There was a really difficult and busy month. Anna had an allergy skin test and she is allergic to pollen,cats and peanuts. I was so relived,we finally,found out why her skin is so irritated. As an allergic myself to numerous of things, I know how to make her understand why she feels sick,and she seems to comprehend!
That was a wake up call for my husband and I. I realize I had to be more cautious with our eating habits. You see, as I said in a previous post, I love desserts more than anything and with Anna’s food allergy in combination with my gluten intolerance and food allergies I had to change. Therefore,I wanted to challenge myself and try not to eat as many sweets as before,for as long as I can.
Weeks ago,I saw an amazing post from Misfit Baker, No bake peanut butter bars with chocolate ganache, and of course I had to make them! With only few tweaks, I made these beautiful chocolate and almond butter banana cups! I substitute the peanut butter with almond butter and the graham crackers with gluten free oats. The results: outstanding! Even my picky husband loved it! What’s better than banana and chocolate combination?
CHOCOLATE AND ALMOND BUTTER BANANA CUPS
Servings: 4 Preparation time: 10 minutes Difficulty: easy
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 1/2 cups ripe banana,smashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line cupcake liners in a muffin tin,set aside.
- In a food processor, add the gluten free oats and press until becomes like a flour form,but not too fine.
- Add banana,almond butter,and pulse until comes together.
- Add honey,orange zest and vanilla extract
To make the chocolate cover:
- Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave,until smooth.
- Let it cool for a little bit.
- Take a teaspoon of the melted chocolate and pour it in cupcake liner,spread as much as you can. It doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Add a tablespoon of the filling and cover with the melted chocolate. Repeat with the rest.
- Put them in the fridge for 2-4 hours until firm.