- Create a bain marie (hot water bath) by placing a bowl over a pot full of simmering water on low heat.
- Break up the couverture into small pieces with your hands and place into bowl.
- Heat over bain marie and stir with a spatula until the chocolate is almost completely melted.
- In a large bowl, add the chilled heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Beat with a hand mixer on high speed until you create whipped cream. (Don’t beat for too long so it doesn’t split. When the texture becomes like thick yogurt, it is ready.)
- Add the melted chocolate and quickly but gently fold so that it doesn’t lose its volume.
- When completely incorporated, transfer to a pastry bag and pipe into small serving bowls.
- Top with your choice of fruit, mint leaves and icing sugar.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Make sure the heavy cream is chilled so that your whipped cream turns out perfect!